Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Insane Discover America Tour 2016: Destination 2


Cedar Breaks National Monument is located adjacent to ski resort town Brian Head in Utah. It's named for the Cedar trees that grow there, and the canyon of colorful cliffs that early settlers called Breaks. It's got just one great canyon to gaze at, so after doing that, my wife and I took an alpine hike along the rim. In the afternoon, I sketched a pile of rocks, while my wife did a watercolor (of the same pile of rocks). I had expected to see a beautiful meadow up top, but this late in the year, few flowers were growing. So, like I said, we sought inspiration in a pile of rocks. As they say in the movies, "That's the breaks, kiddo."

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment